User Interface Engineer12900 Chartreuse Dr
Dewitt MI, 48820
12 years experience crafting innovative websites focusing on amazing user experience. Strengths focus on development, design, user experience, and project management, with expertise in creating complex applications for multiple audiences under tight deadlines. Approaches projects with passion and enthusiasm, demonstrating a strong work ethic and an appreciation for creative collaboration.
HTML / CSS
Senior User Experience Developer
October 2014 – Present – Ann Arbor, MI
HookLogic partners with the world’s leading retailers, online travel agencies, and automotive companies to provide marketers unprecedented access to bottom of funnel shoppers and a clear view into resulting sales attribution. The company’s high-performance vertical marketing programs accelerate sales for product brands, marketplace sellers, hoteliers, and automotive marketers.
- Lead User Interface Development of bidding applications using AngularJS.
- Design REST API endpoints for new development.
- Implemented modern development tools such as AngularJS, Bower, Grunt and Yeoman
- Provide leadership to development teams concerning User Interface development.
- Design and implement User Interface coding standards and best practices.
- Essential in implementing new product offering, increasing sales by 50%.
User Interface Engineer
Centurion Medical Products
July 2013 – Present (1 year 2 months) – Willamston, MI
Founded in 1961, Centurion Medical Products is a privately held company with approximately 1,100 employees. Guided by direct, one-on-one contact from the doctors and nurses they support, Centurion has led the industry in providing responsive products, and insight. This has enabled Centurion to excel in customization through its procedural trays and other product lines.
- Led Marketing and IT teams to develop coding and mobile standards, cutting development time in half.
- Made all web properties mobile friendly, increasing user reach.
- Architected, designed, and developed web and mobile applications.
- Implemented Digital Asset Management system, saving the company over $250,000
- Instrumental in creating REST API for Product Data, streamlining data distribution efforts.
- Improved sales by creating an iPad Instrument Catalog for outside sales reps, integrating real-time SAP data.
- Provided leadership and expert analysis to executive management and stakeholders on Marketing initiatives.
Interactive Web Developer
Jackson National Life
November 2012 – July 2013 (9 months) Lansing, Michigan Area
Jackson National Life Insurance Company has a long and successful track record of providing advisers with the products, tools and support they need to design effective retirement solutions for their clients. With $165.4 billion in total assets, Jackson is a leading provider of retirement solutions.
- Provided code review and instruction, helping junior developers gain experience with complex website code.
- Instrumental in redesigning corporate Intranet, streamlining over a hundred sources of information into one user interface.
- Wireframe, prototype, design, and develop web applications and RIA’s.
- Provided human centered UX design, helping stakeholders “connect the dots” between business needs, innovation and good design.
- Work to standardize web development processes focusing on reusable modular code.
- Effectively manage large workload in an enterprise environment.
Senior Web Developer – Global Business Services
May 2012 – November 2012 (7 months) East Lansing, MI
IBM Global Business Services Help Make the World Work Smarter. IBM’s unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries.
- Instrumental in developing cash management application for a Fortune 500 company with a development budget of over a million dollars.
- Represented IBM during user acceptance and defect testing stages of development.
- Provided wireframe and UX design for web applications.
Jackson National Life
November 2008 – May 2012 (3 years 7 months)
Handle front-end web development for Jackson’s broker-dealer companies. Main Responsibilities Include:
- Design and create advanced UI components using jQuery, YUI, and SPRY frameworks.
- Work with multiple content owners across the country to establish concise work requirements.
- Design and Implement time-sensitive website improvements.
- Troubleshoot mission critical website problems.
- Effectively manage large workload in a team-based environment.
- Provide wireframe and UX design for web applications.
December 2007 – March 2008 (4 months)
- Creates wire frames and UI specs for projects.
- Assigns tasks and deliverables to development team.
- Creates web site designs and interfaces.
- Ensure developed components correspond with site design.
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
Web Designer / Developer
November 2006 – November 2007 (1 year 1 month) Walker, MI
Founded in 1934 as a supermarket chain, Meijer is credited with pioneering the modern supercenter concept. Meijer is the 25th-largest retailer in the United States.
- In charge of design and development of weekly email with a subscriber list of over half a million.
- Drive sales by using targeted email campaigns to reach target demographics.
- Design and develop landing pages and homepage headers.
- Measure open and click through rates using Accucast, Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Advise leadership on current email trends and marketing strategies.
Smith Design Services
April 2002 – October 2006 (4 years 7 months)
- Designed and created web sites using Linux and PC platforms.
- Updated existing web sites in FLASH, HTML, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.
- Designed and developed print ads and marketing material using Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Created dynamic automated PDF documents using Adobe Acrobat.
2004 – 2006
Certified HTML Developer